Organic products unit
This unit was established due to the importance of advanced Egyptian organic products industry and improving its
competitiveness and regulating the quality of organic products traded in the Egyptian markets to protectthe Egyptian
consumer and maintain his rights and to prevent any practices that may adversely affect the quality of organic products
traded in markets.
* The Minister of Trade and Industry Decision No. 993/2010, on organizing the quality oforganic products traded in the
Egyptian markets, issued under the provisions of this resolution stated that all granting bodies and companies concerned with
certification of organic production in Egypt, should adhere to the following:
1- Registering its entire data ,its activity and practice (international accreditation certificate) at the Egyptian Organization
for Standardization and Quality.
2.Taking into account the rules and procedures set by EOS when granting these certificates.
3. Notifying EOS with a copy of the certificates granted to any establishment.
The organic production bodies should comply withthe following:
1-Obtaining a certificate from one of the granting bodies registered at the Egyptian organizationfor Standardization and
Quality that reports following the rules of organic production according to the relevant Egyptian standards.
2. These certificates should be registered at EOS when obtained or renewed.
3. Writing the data stated in the Egyptian standards for organic products on the package and products before setting it into
4. Do not put the name of Organic product or dynamically Bio or any other similar word on any product before registration at
5. Circulation bodies for organic products are committed not to display or circulate any product indicating the name of an
organic product (Organic) or (Bio) or any similar word on any product before registration at EOS.
6. The concerned bodies and companies are licensed to apply this decision during a period of three months to reconcile the
situation from the day following its publication.
1. Registration of the accredited bodies and companies granting organic production certificates in Egypt (its entire data and
activity and its practicing in the Arab Republic of Egypt).
2. Registration of specialized certificates of organic products (Organic) or (Bio) or similar granted to companies concerned in
this field in Egypt, when obtained or being renewed.
3. Preparing a reference guide indicating names &relevant data of concerned bodies and companies granting or
obtainingorganic production certificates in Egypt to be issued by EOS.
4. Supervising the conduct of random check on establishments licensed to produce organic production in Egypt and any
company may put the name of organic or (Bio) or similar phrases on any other products or containers so as to ensure their
compliance with the rules and procedures of organic production.
First: the registration procedures of the grantingbodies for organic production certificates
1. Completion of the registration form of the certification granting bodies and submitting it duly completed attached with
the required documents to the Secretariat of the Committee.
2. Reviewing the form and studying the submitted documents and verifying its validityby the concerned standing Committee.
3.Providing the reply to the granting body during 3 days of the date of registration either by:
-Issuing a letter stating the registration of the granting body at the Egyptian organization for Standardization and Quality
after payment of the standard cost.
- Or by sending a letter with the items that have not been fulfilled by the organic production concerned body and giving a
deadline to fulfill them.
4. After completion of the data ,a certificate indicating being registered at EOS should be issued after paying the standard
Second: Procedures of Registration of products obtaining organic productioncertificates
1. Completion of registration form of production bodies obtaining organic production certificates and submitting it attached
with the required documents to the standing Committee secretariat.
2. Reviewing the form and studying the submitted documents and verifying its validity by the standing committee and
providing a reply to the production body during three days as from the date of submitting the registration either by:
- Issuing a letter stating the registration of the organic production body at EOS after the payment of the standard costs.
- Or sending a letter with the items that have not been fulfilled by the organic production concerned body and giving a
deadline for fulfill them.
4. After the data is being completed, a certificate indicating being registered at EOS should be issued after paying the
Third: The list of the organic production certificates for granting bodies registered at EOS